Meet us in Salt Lake City for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon NA Β· November 12-15

#1 Cloud Native/Kubernetes meetup of 2024 - Hosted by SUSE and ITQ

Amsterdam

Jun 27, 4:00 – 7:30β€―PM (UTC)

In-person event

About this event

Please RSVP to our page here: https://www.meetup.com/dutch-kubernetes-meetup/events/301194264/

We will have two talks on our agenda:

First talk: Barehanded, ropeless mountain climbing - my journey into DevOps and AI - Johan Van Amersfoort

Ever wondered how it feels to climb El Capitan with bare hands, no rope, and little experience? I wonder the same, but I think it might feel like the steep learning curve I’m going through when trying to run a nice little deep learning app I built, on Kubernetes. In this session, I will show the app, walk you through the process in getting it running on a Jetson Nano cluster running K3s, guide you through the lessons learned, and share some of the challenges I faced. My first step into the world of DevOps and Platform Engineering!

Second talk: Platforms a Product - William Rizzo

In the evolving landscape of software development, platform engineering emerges as a pivotal discipline, transforming platforms into strategic assets. This talk delves into the concept of "Platform as a Product," exploring how treating internal platforms with the same rigor as customer-facing products can drive innovation, efficiency, and scalability. We will discuss the principles of product management applied to platform engineering, including user-centric design, continuous improvement, and value-driven development.

Attendees will gain insights into best practices for creating robust, adaptable, and user-friendly platforms that empower development teams and accelerate business outcomes. Join us to learn how to elevate your internal platforms from mere infrastructure to essential products that catalyse your organization's success.

Timeline:

18.00 – Walk-in/Doors open πŸšͺ

18.15 – Food & Drinks πŸ•πŸ₯€β˜•οΈ

18.45 – Welcome by CNCF meetup, SUSE and ITQ

19.00 – Barehanded, ropeless mountain climbing - my journey into DevOps and AI - Johan Van Amsersfoort 🎀

19.30 – Break πŸ₯€πŸš½

19:45 – Second talk: Platforms a Product - William Rizzo 🎀

20.15 – Talk to other people πŸ™‹πŸ—£+ Lighting talks πŸ’‘πŸŒ©οΈ

21:00 – Time is up! See you next time. πŸ‘‹

Photography/Video consent:

Please be informed that we'll be taking pictures during the event, let us know if you don't want to be filmed/photographed.

Code of Conduct:

All members are required to agree with the CNCF Events Code of Conduct.

Stay in touch:

Please get in touch on the CNCF #netherlands slack channel for any questions (we're also looking for co-organizers, especially in other cities). Please also don't forget to join the official CNCF community here

Speaker

• William Rizzo

SUSE

Lead Architect - Professional Services

When

When

Thursday, June 27, 2024
4:00 PM – 7:30 PM (UTC)

Hosts

• William Rizzo

SUSE

Lead Architect - Professional Services