KubeCon 2022 hot topics, Multi-cluster Istio, and Data Protection for K8s.

Boston

Dec 6, 2022, 11:00 PM – Dec 7, 2022, 1:00 AM

In-person event

We're back! Joining the Boston Kubernetes Meetup, we'll have 3 speakers, networking, and food/drinks provided.

About this event

I'm excited to announce our next meetup topics are KubeCon 2022 takeaways, Istio service mesh and data protection with Kubernetes.

I'll bring food and beers. You just RSVP so I get an accurate headcount.

Agenda

6:00 pm: Welcome / snacks / drinks / job openings

6:05 pm: Talk #1: KubeCon 2022: hot topics with Michael O'Leary

6:35 pm: Talk #2: Operationalizing Multi Cluster Istio: Lessons Learned and developing Ambient Mesh with Kevin Dorosh

7:25 pm: Talk #3: Data Protection with K8s with Michael Martino

8:00 pm: Finish (or stick around to chat)

About our speakers and topics

Michael O'Leary is the organizer of this group and attended KubeCon 2022. I'll share what I learned and I hope to hear what you learned.

Kevin Dorosh is currently a tech lead at Solo.io. Formerly a big data infra admin at HubSpot, Kevin is passionate about the infrastructure space and giving to the community, with contributions to many open source projects such as Envoy, Istio, Flagger, and Gloo. Kevin enjoys working with customers and community users on real problems facing them today, and is excited to help bring organizations to Envoy, Istio, and a more modern, cloud-native, tech stack.

Michael Martino is an Enterprise Architect at Zerto, helping customers protect their virtual environments and understand their many recovery options. He has over 20 years of IT experience with subject matter expertise in data protection, automation, and architecting virtual environments as well as the public clouds.

Other

This event is in-person. There's no remote option this time. We will join the Boston Kubernetes Meetup event 

Many meetup groups went dormant during Covid and this Boston chapter of the CNCF Community group hasn't met in a long time. However we know that folks working with Kubernetes are eager to share with colleagues, and those just starting out and learning need a place to network and learn more also. 

I hope to see you at this event. Please RSVP because I'll need your first and last name for check in.

When

When

December 6 – 7, 2022
11:00 PM – 1:00 AM UTC

Organizers

• Michael O'Leary

F5

Solution Architect

• Isabella Langan

Logz.io

Chapter organizer

CONTACT US