6:00pm: Announcements, Socializing, Food and Drinks
6:15pm: Workshop: Introduction to Istio
**Free CNCF swag and a free O'Reilly book or two**
As the third phase in your microservices journey, service meshes provide a substrate of secure connectivity, uniform visibility and granular control over service requests. Service meshes have quickly entered the cloud native landscape filling unmet service-level needs.
Organizations that have adopted containers and who are running a handful or more of microservices find tools to provide observability, control and security lacking. Operating at layer 5, service meshes promise much value.
This live training walks you through a series of hands-on labs, introducing you to each and every aspect of the popular service mesh - Istio. During this workshop you will gain hands-on experience as we walk through deploying Istio and a sample application (on the service mesh) on a Kubernetes cluster.
- Beginner level knowledge of Kubernetes and familiarity with Docker.
- A Mac, Linux or Windows laptop with:
- - Docker (https://docker.com/products/docker-desktop)
- - Kubernetes (via Docker Desktop or Minikube (https://minikube.sigs.k8s.io))
- - Meshery (https://meshery.io) installed.
- Access to local or remote Kubernetes cluster (any size). Running either Docker Desktop or Minikube on your laptop will work fine.
Venue Courtesy of our Sponsor:
Capital Factory, Austin City Room Limits, 16th floor