6:00pm: Socializing, Food and Drinks
- - food and drinks will be limited in quantity. First come, first serve!
6:30pm: Talk: Service Meshes - why you need one and which one you need
7:15pm: Lightning Talk: TBD
7:20pm: Lightning Talk: TBD
Talk: Service Meshes - why you need one and which one you need - Lee Calcote (https://twitter.com/lcalcote)
Organizations adopting microservice architectures quickly realize implementing rate limiting, circuit breaking, timeouts, retries and implementing metrics, logging and tracing into each service is no simple tasks. Enter the Service Mesh.
Let’s talk about:
- What is a service mesh? Why do you need one?
- What types of service meshes are available? How do they contrast?
- e.g. Istio, Linkerd, Envoy, Octarine, Network Service Mesh, Meshery, App Mesh, Kuma, Maesh...
- Where do familiar proxies like fit in?
And also, talk about service mesh abstractions. As the ubiquity of service meshes unfolds so does the need for vendor and technology-agnostic interfaces to interact with them. The Service Mesh Interface (SMI) and the Multi-Service Mesh Interoperation are two open specifications aimed at solving the challenge of interoperability between service meshes.
Capital Factory, Voltron room, 1st floor. https://www.capitalfactory.com/parking