February Meetup sponsored by SIGHUP and hosted at Intelygenz:
Since it is a practical workshop where guided practices will be held, we appreciate that:
- Anyone who signs up, attend the workshop.
- If you get a setback, free your seat.
- Be punctual.
- Minimum knowledge of Kubernetes is required.
18:15 (Workshop) Angel Barrera: Getting started with Istio (in Spanish)
In this workshop we will install Istio 1.4.2 together in a Kubernetes 1.15 cluster explaining the basic concepts of any Service Mesh while explaining Istio objects on Kubernetes.
The following topics will be covered:
- Istio. Introduction (light) and installation using kustomize.
- Deployment of a demo application.
- Mutual TLS.
- Simple routing configuration.
- Advanced routing configuration
- Egress gateway.
The workshop has an estimated duration of less than 3 hours. It is required to bring a laptop, (preferably linux/mac) with the following software installed
- kubectl (1.15.x)
- kustomize (>v3)
- furyctl: https://github.com/sighupio/furyctl/releases (needed to prepare the installation)
- git, grep, awk, curl, terminator/iterm2
We will give you access to a kubernetes cluster along with the configuration file when you take your seat.
Ángel Barrera Sánchez @angelbarrera92. Works as Kubernetes Engineer @ SIGHUP. From fullstack developer to devops, SRE, cloud architect, automation engineer... put your innovative role here.
20:30 (Sponsored) Pizzas and drinks by SIGHUP