We are extremely excited to have world-renowned Spring Developer Advocate, Java Champion, author and open source contributor, Josh Long visit Melbourne. As part of his trip, we have an exclusive session where he will speak on Cloud Native, Part Deux. We promise you a great night of fun-filled coding and testing.
In this talk, join Spring Developer Advocate Josh Long (@starbuxman) as he looks at Spring Cloud.next to support modern microservices development, focusing on the things that really matter (or, at least, the things Spring got cooking in Spring Boot 2.0 and Spring Cloud Finchley):
- Functions-as-a-service with Spring Cloud Function. We've got FUNCTIONS (wrapped in apps, in containers, running on servers, in datacenters)
- Functional reactive REST endpoints (totally different meaning for "function" here, though)
- Reactive programming with Spring Framework 5. Leverage flow control at every layer and make the most efficient use of every CPU when doing input/output. You're going to need every bit of efficiency that you can get after you've installed the patches for Spectre and Meltdown!
- Kotlin. Yes, KOTLIN: you wanted Java and I'm giving it to you.. in libraries that I'll use from Kotlin.
- Messaging with Apache Kafka. Nothing funny here. It's just awesome.
- Live on the edge with the new, reactive, rate-limiting, proxying, websocket-aware Spring Cloud Gateway
- ASCII art!
5.45pm - 6.00pm Registration
6.00pm - 7.00pm Cloud Native Java, Part Deux
ABOUT JOSH LONG
Josh (@starbuxman) is the Spring Developer Advocate at Pivotal. Josh is a Java Champion, author of 5 books (including O'Reilly's Cloud Native Java: Designing Resilient Systems with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Cloud Foundry) and numerous best-selling video trainings (including Building Microservices with Spring Boot Livelessons with Spring Boot co-founder Phil Webb), and an open-source contributor (Spring Boot, Spring Integration, Spring Cloud, Activiti and Vaadin).
BOOKS WRITTEN BY JOSH LONG
1. Cloud Native Java: Designing Resilient Systems with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Cloud Foundry
2. Getting Started with Roo
3. Spring Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
4. Spring Enterprise Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
5. Pro Spring Integration
Video Trainings By Josh Long
Building Microservices with Spring Boot Livelessons
CTO at Innablr