Come join us to explore/share about how to Dockerize applications.
• 10.00am to 10.15am - Welcome and Introduction (Azuga - Anand/Badri)
• 10.15am to 11.00am - Introduction to Microservices and Containerization by Anand Gothe (Chief Architect at Prowareness)
• 11.00am to 11.15am - Tea break
• 11.15am to 12.00pm - Architecting for containerizing a legacy application (Prasad Rao, Avi Networks)
• Lunch Break and Networking
• 2.15pm to 4.15pm - Hands-on: Docker by Example (for beginners). Workshop by Anand Gothe (Chief Architect at Prowareness)
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) for the hands-on session. Please install below mentioned softwares before coming to the afternoon workshop:
• Docker installation for different platforms (Windows, Linux versions, and Mac OS X): https://www.docker.com/products/overview#/install_the_platform
• For Kubernetes hands-on session - pre-requisites:
0. Comfortable with Docker Basics
1. A working Docker Installation (Linux / Mac is recommended.
2. Docker Hub Account
3. The `python:3.5-slim` docker image should have been pulled already (From the library). This is about ~700 MB. Would be great if you keep the setup ready before attending the session. https://hub.docker.com/_/python/ [NOTE: `3.5-slim` tag is required]
4. kubectl CLI tool http://kubernetes.io/docs/getting-started-guides/minikube/#install-kubectl
6. And a local copy of this file: https://github.com/dhilipsiva/test/blob/master/server.py