• 10:00 AM - 10:15 AM: Welcome and Introduction by Blue Jeans Networks.
• 10:15 AM - 11:15 AM: 'Configuring Kubernetes Cluster Wide Policies' hands-on session by Pradipta, Cloud Infrastructure Architect at IBM
For enterprise production deployments of docker clusters, enforcing cluster wide policies to restrict what a container is allowed to do is an extremely important requirement. For kubernetes based clusters this is where PodSecurityPolicy comes into the picture. In this session we'll learn how to leverage PodSecurityPolicy object to control the actions that a kubernetes POD can perform.
More details on leveraging PodSecurityPolicy is available in the following article -
For setting up a Kubernetes cluster on your local laptop, one can use Vagrant and Kubeadm.
More details on using kubeadm to setup a Kubernetes cluster is provided here - https://kubernetes.io/docs/getting-started-guides/kubeadm/
One can also try web-based hands-on (provided network connection is available) by following this link-
• 11:15 AM - 11:30 AM: Tea break & snacks
• 11:30 PM - 12:30 PM: Linux Containers and NetScaler CPX, by Mohit Saxena, Staff Software Engg, Citrix Cloud Networking Division, Tech Lead - NetScaler CPX
Industry is moving towards microservice-based architecture a type-2 infrastructure. For providing continuous integration and delivery there should be a mechanism of continuous service availability. New generation load balancer will play an important role to change the market dynamics in this evolution phase. They served as a API gateway, an SSL endpoint and multiple offload to leave the backend servers do the jobs they were are specialized. An intelligent LB can provide overlay network too, leaving behind the complexity of docker networking and removing extra overhead of processing the traffic of fast data path.
• 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM: Lunch
• 1.30 PM - 3.30 PM: Hands-on workshop - Getting started with Kubernetes by Giragadurai Vallirajan
This workshop covers basics of kubernetes with minikube, operations like creating pods, replica, service and deployments.
If you want to try along with the speaker, basic system requirement for the workshop is as follows:
Any Linux/Mac/Windows machine with minikube. Please follow the links mentioned below to download minikube binary for your platform
or direct links are
Here is live streaming details. This will be useful for people who want to attend the event remotely.
1) Web Browser: https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/live-event/ya18235
2) Joining via a mobile device?
iPhone/iPad : https://itunes.apple.com/app/blue-jeans/id560788314
Enter event ID : ya18235
Enter through the main gate of the prestige tech park. Tell the security that you are visiting "BlueJeans in Vector Building for AWS Meetup". You will get entry. Parking is available in lower basement of "Vector" building. Ask security to direct you if there is any confusion.
Please feel free to call the following numbers if needed : Mobile no (Dharma, Mgr.Admin):[masked] Office (front desk): 080-[masked]
--- Event Sponsor: Blue Jeans Network