We'll be joining up with our friends at Microsoft Data Platform to teach how you can run the most cost-effective data pipeline on the planet by running it on Spot.
* Network with other Developers and DBAs
* Get the latest and greatest SQL Server news
* Have your SQL Server questions answered by Microsoft insiders
* Get the inside track on emerging technologies
* Learn valuable information for career development
* Enjoy dinner, drinks, and valuable software giveaways
6:30 to 7:00 pm – Introductions, food, networking
7:00 to 8:30 pm – Presentation and Q&A
Presentation Topic: Creating a ridiculously cost-effective data pipeline
Reducing costs for your data pipeline can be complex but it doesn't have to be. In this talk, we'll explain how you can use spare capacity (eg Spot Instances or Low-priority VMs) to reduce your data pipeline costs by up to 80%. All cloud providers have spare capacity that they sell for heavily discounted prices, but this excess capacity comes with a major caveat- you'll be evicted from these instances at two minutes notice once the spare capacity is requested by a customer paying full price. We'll dive into what this spare capacity is, how to use it, and how you can use this spare capacity to save 80% not only on transient applications like dev environments but also production workloads with 100% guaranteed availability.