East Bay Cloud Native - October 2019

Oracle - 5805 Owens Dr Pleasanton - View Map Pleasanton
Thu, Oct 17, 2019, 6:00 PM (PDT)

About this event

Welcome to our 12th 'East Bay Cloud Native' meetup!

Agenda:
6:00: Grab a seat. Have some food and drinks and network.
6:30: Talk 1 - What is the Container Storage Interface (CSI)? (Cheng Xing)
7:30: Talk 2 - MongoDB Overview and Atlas Demo (Girish Dusane)
8:30: More networking until 9:00pm.

----
Talk 1 Description: Container Storage Interface (CSI) is an open source project that aims to define an industry standard volume plugin interface for exposing storage to containerized workloads. It emerged from a cooperation between Kubernetes, Mesos, Cloud Foundry, and Docker and has the support of major storage vendors.

In this talk I will answer the following question:
- What is CSI (including a deep dive into the spec)?
- Where did CSI come from?
- How do I use CSI?
- What are the current state and future plans of CSI?
- How can I get involved with the development of CSI?

Speaker Bio: Cheng is a software engineer at Google Cloud and a member of Kubernetes Storage Special Interest Group. As a Kubernetes project member, he has contributed to Container Storage Interface integration, Flexvolume plugin, and GCE Regional Persistent Disk support. Outside work he enjoys spending his time on music, learning quantum computing, and being in the great outdoors.

----
Talk 2 Description: Join us to learn about MongoDB and their database as a service offering. MongoDB Atlas makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale your MongoDB deployments in the cloud. From high availability to scalability, security to disaster recovery - we've got you covered.
Get an introduction to MongoDB Atlas and a live look at how you can create replica sets or sharded clusters in minutes.

Speaker Bio: Girish is a Senior Solutions Architect at MongoDB. He has over 15 years of experience in enterprise software and is responsible for guiding users of MongoDB to design and build reliable, scalable systems using their data platform.

When

Thursday, Oct 17
6:00 PM - 8:30 PM (PDT)

Where

Oracle
5805 Owens Dr Pleasanton

Organizer