January 2024 - Managed K8s with ClusterAPI, and a journey into microservice development

Edinburgh

Jan 22, 6:00 ā€“ 9:00 PM

In-person event

About this event

Agenda:

6:00pm - Food and drink thanks to Amigoco, networking

6:30pm - Unicorns all the way down: Building a managed Kubernetes service with ClusterAPI (Nick Jones, EscherCloudAI)

7:00pm - Break

7:30pm - Terrifying Terraform: my journey into microservice development (Ciara Rowland-Simms, Esri)

8:15pm - Wrap up, social

Talk Details:

Ā· Unicorns all the way down: Building a managed Kubernetes service with ClusterAPI (Nick Jones, EscherCloudAI)

This talk is about building and operating a managed Kubernetes service using ClusterAPI plus a selection of other projects including ArgoCD and vCluster. I'll cover why we're doing this, introduce ClusterAPI, and then the service we've developed to tie it all together and present it as an easy-to-consume self-service API. I'll also discuss what else we've had to build along the way to ensure it's reliable and secure.

Ā· Terrifying Terraform: my journey into microservice development (Ciara Rowland-Simms, Esri)

Over the last year our team underwent a huge pivot from core C++ SDK development, to becoming a 'vertical team' building services in Rust. This a talk on the trials and tribulations we faced on that journey.

Speakers

• Nick Jones

Nscale

Head of Engineering

• Ciara Rowland-Simms

Esri

When

When

Monday, January 22, 2024
6:00 PM ā€“ 9:00 PM UTC

Organizers

• Nick Jones