About the Vcluster Technology
- vcluster - Virtual Clusters For Kubernetes
- Lightweight & Low-Overhead - Based on k3s, bundled in a single pod and with super-low resource consumption
- No Performance Degradation - Pod are scheduled in the underlying host cluster, so they get no performance hit at all while running
- Reduced Overhead On Host Cluster - Split up large multi-tenant clusters into smaller vcluster to reduce complexity and increase scalability
- Flexible & Easy Provisioning - Create via vcluster CLI, helm, kubectl, Argo any of your favorite tools (it is basically just a StatefulSet)
- No Admin Privileges Required - If you can deploy a web app to a Kubernetes namespace, you will be able to deploy a vcluster as well
- Single Namespace Encapsulation - Every vcluster and all of its workloads are inside a single namespace of the underlying host cluster
- Easy Cleanup - Delete the host namespace and the vcluster plus all of its workloads will be gone immediately
Let us build a production-ready Kubernetes cluster vending machine with the Vcluster. We will create an efficient CI / CD pipeline and take care to have everything in place for our day 2 operations. Join Engin Diri and learn how to spin up a virtual cluster and more importantly for what use-cases.
Keep Track of Cloud Native with Cloud Native Islamabad.