Welcome to our meetup for Kubernetes and Cloud Native Computing Louisville!
Experimentation and cutovers don't have to be immediate. How about to go through what it can look like to take an existing Java workload from AWS Elastic Beanstalk through phases to running on AWS ECS and AWS EKS and compare deployment times!
Target tools to be utilized:
Local - VSCode, Java, Make, Docker
AWS - Terraform, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeBuild, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Elastic Container Registry, AWS Elastic Container Service, AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service
Draft of outline
1. Overview (2-5 min)
2. Local development (the repo/code/etc) - (2min)
3. Provisioning the running infrastructure and deployment pipelines (10min)
4. Watching it all deploy to the running services (5 min)
5. Scale out each one (5-7min)
6. Comparing out the results (5-10min)
- GIthub repo with docs and walkthroughs
- Slides doing intro/walkthrough/demo/questions slides
- References to docs on all tech used
- Take-aways to other things you can do or next steps
5:30 - 5:45 Updates/Open Forum
6:00 - 7:00 Presentation
7:00 - 7.15 Social/Wrap-up
Speaker bio: CJ Taylor with Churchill Downs
Contino is a global technical consultancy who specialize in helping highly-regulated enterprises transform faster, modernizing their way of working.
We're experienced and referenceable experts in DevOps and cloud, transforming people, processes and technology to enable the rapid digital transformation that success demands in today's accelerating marketplace. More info at https://www.contino.io/.
Red Ventures | cnet.com