This is first ever meetup on Kubernetes so we will cover some basics. We will not cover some advanced topics in depth on purpose, subsequent meetups will cover those advanced topics. You don't need to carry laptops for this session, we will conduct a detailed workshop in future.
10:00 - 10: 15 - Introductions & setting up
10:15 - 12:00 - Introduction to Kubernetes Session
1) What Kubernetes does exactly?
2) Setup Kubernetes and walk through various components of Kubernetes (We will use Rancher/Google cloud for setting up Kubernetes quickly)
3) Overview and quick demo of basic objects: Pod, Replication Controller, Service, ClusterIP, NodePort, Secret, LoadBalancer, Ingress
4) Kubectl - the CLI tool for Kubernetes and how to use it effectively
5) Taking a sample two-tier application and writing manifests and deploying it successfully.
12:00 - 12:15 - Thanks & networking