Location: Linode, 249 Arch Street Philadelphia, PA
6:00 - 6:25 Meets, Greets and Eats
6:25 - 6:30 Group Business
6:30 - ? Presentations
- Distributed Caching Patterns in Kubernetes, Mesut Celik
- An Intro to Kustomize Plugins, Dan Norris
Distributed Caching Patterns in Kubernetes
As Monolith to Microservices migration almost became mainstream, Engineering Teams have to think about how their caching strategies will evolve in cloud-native world. Kubernetes is clear winner in containerized world and Hazelcast is perfect fit in Kubernetes Deployments.
In this talk, you will learn
* Distributed Caching With Hazelcast
* Distributed Caching Patterns in Kubernetes
* Kubernetes Deployment Options and Best Practices
* How to Handle Distributed Caching Day 2 Operations
Mesut is currently Cloud Team Lead @ Hazelcast and has 15+ experience in Enterprise Java World . He has lived in Turkey,Belgium and US so far and worked for several companies during that period.He is now on a mission to make Hazelcast best caching solution in cloud environments.
You can find him on twitter : @mesutcelik
Title: An Intro to Kustomize Plugins
Have you ever written the perfect Kubernetes manifest only to realize that you need some way to template it out? If so, then Kustomize might be the solution you’ve been looking for. It provides an easy way of customizing manifests along with an evolving plugin system so that you can build manifests just the way you want them.
In this talk we’ll go over:
- what Kustomize is and the philosophy behind the tool
- using Kustomize to template a manifest
- Kustomize’s plugin architecture and how to write a basic plugin to generate a secret
Dan currently leads a team building application management features on top of the NetApp Kubernetes Service. He has been working with Kubernetes since 2015. Prior to NetApp he worked at DigitalOcean building a Kubernetes powered PaaS at used by internal developers to ship their software.
Lead Solutions Architect