We are excited to host the October/2023 edition of the Cloud Native Computing Linz meetup!
We'd like to thank eww IT and TEL for hosting the Meetup!
--------- The Speakers ---------
Riccardo is a cloud infrastructure engineer at SQUER https://www.squer.io/. With a main background in the design and implementation of CI/CD pipelines, his experience spans from platforms full-stack development to cloud infrastructure automation; his main focus is on designing solutions and processes that help people deliver products fast, effectively and securely.
Philipp lives to demo interesting technology. Having worked as a web, infrastructure, and database engineer for over ten years, Philipp is now a developer advocate and team lead at Elastic — the company behind the Elastic Stack consisting of Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash.
--------- The Talks ---------
Riccardo Capraro - Test and evolve your Kubernetes operators
We often hear people talking about Kubernetes (K8s) operators and if you ever used K8s you surely have deployed at least one. However, when the time comes to implement your first operator, it is sometimes challenging to keep in mind what matters and ensure the code we write can be testable, especially when it has to interact with multiple external services.
This talk will provide you with a solid foundation of:
* Best practices in writing operator code
* Admission/mutating webhooks and schema validation (including Common Expression Language)
* How to test operators (and how various mainstream operators do it)
* Custom Resource Definitions API versioning and how to upgrade and support multiple versions
* How to monitor your operator and operator-managed resources
Philipp Krenn - OpenTelemetry for Logging
While OTel tracing is the de-facto standard today and metrics are also getting more and more established, logging is still lagging far behind.
This talk gives an overview of:
1. Where is the OpenTelemetry standard in terms of logging?
2. How can you use it in your application today? We will focus on Java with three different approaches for the implementation. But most of the concepts will translate well to other ecosystems as well.
--------- Location ---------
If you would like to keep the discussion live after the event, join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/MgM5BGV