Temporal is a fault-tolerant, distributed, and scalable microservices orchestration platform. It allows developers to focus on business logic when building their distributed applications, meanwhile offloading the hard stuff like dealing with data consistency, queues, retry mechanisms, durable timers, transactions, etc.
In this talk, we will give an introduction to Temporal.
We will also present a demo that will show how to start orchestrating microservices with Temporal, as well as show integration with CNCF projects such as CloudEvents and Serverless Workflow DSL.
- Overview of Temporal
- Build fault-tolerant, distributed apps with Kubernetes and Temporal
- Demo: Temporal
- Overview of Cloud Events and Serverless Workflow.
- Demo: Temporal integration with Cloud Events and Serverless Workflow
- Tihomir Surdilovic is a Developer Advocate at Temporal Technologies. He is also a maintainer and project lead of the CNCF Serverless Workflow project.
- Mael Ropars is Solution Architect for EMEA at Temporal Technologies. He advises European companies in their adoption of Temporal technologies in the cloud.
What is Temporal?
Temporal is a developer-first, open-source platform that ensures the successful execution of services and applications. (using workflows)
What is CloudEvents?
CloudEvents is a CNCF specification for describing event data in a common way. It seeks to dramatically simplify event declaration and delivery across services, platforms, and beyond!
What is Serverless Workflow?
The Serverless Workflow project defines a vendor-neutral and declarative workflow language, targeting the Serverless computing technology domain.