Our 4th meetup is scheduled for June 30th. Hope to see you all there, and looking forward to an excellent discussion!
Big thanks to HubSpot for offering to host our meetup at their office in Cambridge plus a member of their platform team will speak at our event. HubSpot has a stocked kitchen with snacks, beer, and soda for the attendees. We will also order Pizza.
Introductions: Ajit Umrani, Assembla
How does HubSpot manage 1400+ deployables?: Jon Haber, HubSpot
HubSpot has a lot of experience with the Microservices architecture and they are probably a leader in this regard in the Boston tech community. I have asked Jon to address the following questions:
1) When and why did HubSpot decide to go to Microservices architecture?
2) Insights from the journey from monolith to Microservices. Was there any cultural resistance within the organization (from the dev team)?
3) What was the business justification for the move? What metrics did demonstrably improve with Microservices?
4) Information about your current setup. What technology stack do you use? How much of the stack did you develop internally at Hubspot?
5) How do you manage challenges around: service discovery, cataloging, security and access management issues with Microservices?
6) Do you have any missteps or 'lessons learned' to share during the transition from a monolith or in managing a large number of Microservices?
(If you have any other questions that you would like to send in advance to Jon, let me know.)
Event-driven Microservices: Jeremy Deane, Navinet
Jeremy is Director of Architecture at Navinet and he will do a presentation on how they are leveraging Microservices in their organization.
Follow up Discussion topic (if time permits): To start with the monolith first or not...
Interest Groups (if time permits): We will break into smaller interest groups based on the topics suggested by members.
Address: 25 First Street, Cambridge, MA, 02141
HubSpot is located right across the street from the Lechmere T stop on the Green Line. There's a parking garage next to the HubSpot building and in the Galleria Mall across the street, as well as street parking.