October 2016 Microservices Meetup

GoDaddy - One Main Street, Suite 1120 Cambridge - View Map Cambridge
Tue, Oct 4, 2016, 6:00 PM (EDT)

About this event

Hello Microservices enthusiasts,

I am excited to announce our next meetup on October 4th.

The speaker for the event comes from within our community – which I think is awesome. Darren @ Kenzan proposed a talk to share their experience working with many clients along the Microservices journey and I am sure we all can learn a few things during the presentation.

We have new host this time – GoDaddy. Thanks to Arun @ GoDaddy for arranging the venue and logistics. Arun is also offering attendees a tour of the GoDaddy office after the presentation. I am taking him up on his offer and let me know if anyone else is interested.

Details: 

Thanks to the GoDaddy team for offering to host our event at their office in Cambridge.

Meetup Agenda:

Introduction: Ajit Umrani (Ex-President of Assembla, currently looking for new opportunities) 

Featured Guest Speaker:  Darren Bathgate, Technical Architect, Kenzan

Abstract:

As application architectures evolve to ensure dynamic experiences for users, Microservices are being adopted to make applications scalable, available and cloud-friendly. In this presentation, Daren will take you through Kenzan’s experiences with breaking apart the monolith — what worked, what didn’t and why Microservices are the architecture of the future. He also will discuss patterns/anti-patterns and designing Microservices for predictable failures.

Bio:

Darren Bathgate is a technical architect at Kenzan, a software engineering & consulting services company with an office in Providence, RI. Over the course of his 5+ years at Kenzan, Darren has worked extensively with Java, MySQL, PHP, Cassandra, Node.js, oracle, Jenkins, Netflix OSS and Docker.

Directions:

Address: GoDaddy, 1 Main St, Cambridge MA

We will be in conference room on the ground floor. Please remember to bring your ID to go through security.

The location is easily accessible by public transport (Kendall/MIT MBTA stop). There is metered parking on street and few paid lots nearby (e.g. Microsoft NERD center basement).

When

Tuesday, Oct 4
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM (EDT)

Where

GoDaddy
One Main Street, Suite 1120 Cambridge