Hackathon topic: We are continuing to hack "Enabling Disk QoS". It needs to have a nice simple interface on the hypervisor, like a single CLI call or just a parameter in a config file.
* Team leads; dividing RSVPs into different teams
* Dev Lead 0: Nova-API
* Dev Lead 1: Nova-Compute
* Dev Lead 2: UI
* Dev Lead 3: Tests
* Every person that RSVPs for dev will be assigned to a team
* We’d then have 2 hours to get a feature implemented, and maybe even get the reviews filed. 2 hours for a pair of people to add an API, or button in the GUI doesn’t sound too hard.
* Let's make this happen. We will fine tune future dev session based on the results. Don't hack alone, be part of the group hack.
We may have OpenStack core team members on hand for designing, coding, or advice. For the beginners, review Beginner session 09Feb2012 and Beginner session 22Mar2012 explaining what OpenStack is and how it all fits together. Starting 06 Sep 2012, Mirantis will be running a beginners session alongside this hackathon.
Drink, food, whiteboards and wifi provided by Yahoo! Updates will be published via the meetup email list and twitter via @sarob. Meeting will be streaming via webcast (coming soon) and IRC #openstack channel on Freenode.
Requirements to play:
1. Sign the OpenStack ICLA <a>http://wiki.openstack.org/CLA
</a> 2. Have a laptop with functional DevStack <a>http://devstack.org/
</a> 3. Working knowledge of OpenStack core (bug fixing is the best way to learn fast https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack/+bugs?orderby=-importance&field.status:list=NEW&field.status:list=CONFIRMED&field.status:list=TRIAGED&field.tag=low-hanging-fruit)__MEETUP_BR_REPLACEM...
Some ideas on getting ready to code
1. Get ready to participate in hackathons <a>http://wiki.openstack.org/HowToContribute#If_you.27re_a_developer.2C_start_here
</a> 2. IOS Python 2.7.2 environment: <a>http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/python-for-ios/id485729872?mt=8
</a> 3. IOS O'Reilly Python: <a>http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/learning-python/id312821163?mt=8</a>